Forums » Motorcycle Discussions

Samson pipes with 42 long muflers

• 6 posts
    January 23, 2016 7:52 AM EST
    I got samson pipes with 42 inch mufflers but now I kind of worry . You know I like those crazy roads with some nice hills ,and I don't want to loose my pipes when I go there. There is still time for me to exchange 42" for 39 or lower. The question is what to do ?
    • 220 posts
    January 23, 2016 1:57 PM EST
    Not sure I understand the prob. Are you worried about the lean angle or the pipes extending past the back tire?
    • 6 posts
    January 23, 2016 2:27 PM EST
    Extended part :)
    • 220 posts
    January 23, 2016 9:11 PM EST
    Well, physics tells us that unless you are doing wheelies the pipes won't drag behind. Speed bumps however, are another story. Let us know how it goes and what you decide.
    • 6 posts
    January 28, 2016 6:59 AM EST
    I decided to put 39 inch mufflers on crossover duals. As soon the done with installation I will post pictures . I can't wait for spring to come.
    • 6 posts
    February 7, 2016 2:10 PM EST
    This is what happen when you go to HD dealer and they don't know shit. I don't know how to install pipes on bike but for sure I know they should not look like that....700$ later
    • 6 posts
    February 7, 2016 2:11 PM EST
    Fox river st.charles
    • 220 posts
    February 7, 2016 2:17 PM EST
    Sorry Sister, I know what you mean... It's not limited to HD dealerships tho. Have heard the same stories about other brand dealerships and private shops. I try and do the work myself, when I can or enlist the help of a knowledgeable friend. Hope that it works out all right. Riding season is coming!!!